Monday, August 18, 2008

LIFE WITH THE ONE I LOVE




American men have always been known as "Joe" or in the Philippines and now I am married to one. His name is not "Joe" but he is also American.
Chuck, as I used to call him, my husband and best friend is a serious and sometimes funny man I have ever met. This is probably the very thing that attracted me to him when we started talking from the internet .As of this day, while writing this blog, I still have to remember a day that Chuck didn't make me laugh.
There is no dull moment with my husband, from the time we wake up until we say goodnight. Chuck works in a plumbing company as bookkeeper (working 8 hours a day, from Monday to Friday) Saturday’s he always find time to go to church with me after which treat me for dinner and show me places while I still don’t have my driver’s license and no authority to work. If he sense that I am bored he will take me to the malls for shopping (oh yeah my favorite). It is just so amazing.
My Chuck, aside from being funny sometimes is very intelligent, patient and understanding, caring, one woman man, no caprices and value oriented it was this trait that drew me more to him before our engagement . I love engaging in intelligent conversations, from religion to politics and sometimes history. He is a good listener and he never let me down. We can talk about anything and so there is no dull moment between us.
Life in America is very different from the Philippines but Chuck makes everything easy for me. For one, he is domesticated so we do everything together, especially the household chores. I am not a good cook, nor he is either but we try to learn and accept with what we could do. He loves Italian food, Chinese food and some Filipino food, he is not much into rice ,fish and veggies like I do but he eats it every now and then. Food is not an issue so long as we can have it in the microwave he he he. I found the Filipino store which happen to be near from us and I buy ingredients with pancit and caldereta which I cook and have him taste (oh boy he loves it lol) I could say that this man is very easy to please, what more can I ask for?
Life is a bliss with my husband. With this man I only not feel loved but respected. It was worth all the wait of 16 years. Some found true love for the second time , and I found it, it comes when I least expect it . I am happy to have him part of my life. I know I will be laughing everyday of our married life. We know our marriage not be perfect, there will be trials ahead but love, trust and respect bind us together. I know I didn't marry a perfect man , but I married the one who is perfect for me, my loving husband.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3