Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hundred Islands, Philippines



For nature lovers, this group of islands is a sight to behold! A friend sent me these pictures and lo when i see the view i said ahhh and uhhh!!! I love travelling and taking pitures and i haven't been to this place when i was in the Philippines. Was asking myself what is it this place that people like to go on adventure and to see. NOw i know why some people keep on visiting this beautiful place, if you are tired of living in the city and you plan to go places this serves as a good a gate away from bustle and hustle City of Manila.This became Pangasinan's best-known attraction.Hundreds of tiny rock islands are dotted over Lingayen Gulf near Lucap. From a distance they appear as a single land mass but a closer view shows them to be islands. Ranging in area from a few square meters to three hectares, some thirty of the islands are bordered by white, sandy beaches and surrounded by coral. The crystal clear waters are suited for swimmers, snorkelers and scuba divers. However, several coral reefs there have already been destroyed by dynamite fishing. One cannot get directly to many of the islands by boat because of the coral reefs which lie just below the water surface. Two islands, Urduja and Cathedral, are interesting because of their caves.
The tourist office at the pier in Lucap gives information about the islands and round trips by boat.
Urduja Island
Cathedral islandpassage into one of the caves

Here are few pictures of other islands that was sent to me;
Governors island
Shell island
Turtle island

These are the pictures of souvenirs that you can buy from the Lucap pier it is made of sea shells that is abundant in that area.
To my friend V, (she doesn't want me to mention her name here) thank you for giving me these pictures, i choose to post it here so that people all over the world reading my blog could see that there are places in our country Philippines that is safe to visit. I just hope one day you could also have a chance to look and read my blog. My regards to you new baby and your hubby.I want you to know too that one of my dream to see is this islets that make Hundred islands famous.I just don't have a chance while in there as you know i am much busy with the work and if i had the chance to travel it is just in connection with my work and not for liesure.One day if i had a chance to visit Philippines i want to explore the place and see it myself.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3