Monday, July 20, 2009

An American Black singing a Filipino Song

TwitThis
Come wedding day one of my plan is to show a video of me and my hubby. So I gathered both of our memorable pictures since childhood ‘til the day that we first meet and up to our civil wedding. After the photo selection and putting some captions on the picture, my next step is to find the song that would serve as a background of the pictures while it is sliding one by one on the screen. So I go to you tube and watch some songs on the video, while I was searching for a good English and Filipino song particularly the new one sang by Willie Revillame with the title Ikaw na Nga. I did not see his picture on the video but instead I saw this man named Isaak Holiday Jr. from Texas. If you see his picture he is obviously an American black but I was amazed when he sings the new released song of Willie Revillame – Ikaw na Nga. The pronunciations of the Tagalog words are good as if he is really born and raised in the Philippines.

Yesterday while I was watching the TFC channel the host of the show Wowowee Willie Revillame called him and introduce him to the people inside the studio while the Wowowee show is going on and ask him few him few questions like why did he sings Filipino songs. Where did he learn the language, if one of his parents is Filipino or if he is married to a Filipina? He said he was invited to sing at the Filipino community a long time ago, his parents are not Filipinos and never married to a Filipina but he has good hearted Filipino friends which he said he considered his family that teaches him to proper pronunciation of the Tagalog words. And apart from that he listens to them when they say it properly. I can feel goosebumps when I heard some Filipino songs that he sings. His rendition of the song is much better than the singer itself. No offense with Willie. He really has a good singing voice.

Just knowing that he feel in love with the OPM (Original Pilipino Music) songs and interested with the Filipino culture is a big pride for us Filipinos. There is a slight accent with words that he pronounced but that can be polished. I’ll share with you some of the songs that he sings courtesy of richieartwork.



Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3