Friday, July 10, 2009

Filipino Ka Ituro Mo (You're a Filipino Teach them)

Since I am a Filipino blogger I think I need to post this so others would know the meaning of some of our Filipino words. I write this first in English then I translate it into Tagalog or Filipino which is our national language. My hubby who is an American ask me to teach him the language so that when he mingles with my relatives and siblings he will know what they are saying. I pity him sometimes when we are conversing in Tagalog because you could see in his forehead the wrinkles trying to figure out what we are saying. Even if he could not understand he tries his best to know what's the meaning.If he could not catch up and he saw that we are laughing he then would just laugh pretending he knows. Poor guy. Here are some words that I know useful to those who want to learn. I know their are lots to be learned of but I posted a few just to start. I will post it little by little so you together with my husband will learn more. He is one of my fan in my this blog.... HHHmmnn don't ague he love me!!!!!


Hello? ---- Kumusta?

Goodbye ---- Paalam

Thank You -----Salamat

You’re Welcome -----Walang Anuman

Yes ----Oo

No ---- Hindi

How much? ----Magkano?

Sorry ----Paumanhin po

Good Morning -----Magandang Umaga

Good afternoon ---- Magandang tanghali

Good evening ---- Magandang gabi

Hot ----Mainit

Cold --- Malamig

Rain --- Ulan

Sun --- Araw

Breakfast ----Almusal

Lunch ----Tanghalian

Dinner ----Hapunan

Bread ----Tinapay

Cheese ---- Keso

Chicken -----Manok

Meat -----Karne

Egg -----Itlog

Fish ---- Isda

Fruit ---Prutas

Pork ----Baboy

Ice Cream ---- Sorbetes

Rice ----Kanin

Water ----Tubig

Vegetable ----Gulay

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3