Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PUTO WITH CHEESE

I learned how to cook puto from my Tita when I was in the high school We uses glutinous rice and the ordinary rice soaked in water until soft. Then we will grind it in the old puto grinder. Since then I have been making puto for my friends and whenever there are parties in the Philippines. When I am busy at work and don’t have time to prepare all I had to do is order it. That’s easy and hassle free. Not time consuming and ready to put on the table once the visitors are there. But now that I am here in a far away land whenever I miss the food I make it and some part I would give to friends for them to taste it. It's easy to make and anybody can do it. Here's the recipe:


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
sliced cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all the ingredients except the cheese and beat it well. Grease a small muffin pan and pour the mixture up to 3/4 full. Steam it for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on it will come out clean. Put the sliced cheese 30 seconds before it's done. This recipe will yield 2 dozen puto using small muffin pans.

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3