Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meeting New Friends

I forgot to post my blog about last Sunday when hubby invited new friends living at the 2nd floor of his workplace. Since the pictures are not downloaded yet at my computer. I just save the post in my documents. Anyway they are Filipinos renting at his boss building. They’ve been planning to meet me several times but their schedules are preventing then to do so. At last both were able to get a time to visit us bringing another friend. I prepare some Filipino food for us to eat. The pictures are just the left over which I put on the container after we eat and ready to go to the refrigerator. We are so much delighted that we forgot to take pictures while doing the table settings. When they arrive we eat at once because food is ready and having chit chat while eating.Telling where they came from and me where I came from. Where we live. Although we came from one country we live in different places in the Philippines.I made the famous Filipino dish named Escabeche- I fry a medium size snapper and set aside. In another fan I heat oil, then add pounded garlic and sliced onions, stir fry. When the onion has become transparent and the garlic pieces become brown, add the strips of ginger and the green and red peppers. Stir fry.Add sugar and add vinegar with little water and salt . The taste is sweet and sour.
this was a famous dish too, sinigang na baboy (sour pork soup) here bring the pork to boil so it become tender then when its meat is tender already I put fresh tomatoes, onions, green bell pepper, ginger, potatoes, and my vegetable is spinach then I put sinigang mix. I simmer it for 10 minutes.
pancit(rice noodles) this is easy: you just have to heat oil then add pounded garlic, sliced onions, shredded chicken breast, shrimps, chinese longaniza, sliced carrots, cabbage and add water and soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste then simmer it. Add the rice noodles and cook it for 5 minutes. this one is Shanghai rolls.In making this stuff. You just have to prepare ground pork, finely chopped onions, carrots, garlic, and shrimps. Mixed all together. Add salt and peppers taste and egg. At one end of lumpia wrapper, spoon about 2 tablespoonsful of the pork mixture and roll tightly. Brush one end of wrapper with water to seal. Deep fry until golden brown.Cut roll into 2 pieces. Serve with hot sweet and sour sauce.
baked yummy empanadas

the favorite biko which is made with glutinous rice. Filipinos love this stuff. Also easy to make you just cook 3 cups of glutinous rice. Set aside then heat 2 cans of coconut milk put half brown kilo sugar let it boil with constant stirring until sticky then add the rice mixed altogether. Let it stand for 5 mins and stir again, then turn off the fire. Good dessert.

My favorite Filipino dessert called Yema here I had condensed milk, ground peanut and jackfruit then I mix everything in a sauce pan. Cook mixture under medium heat. Stir until the mixture coagulates. Let it cool. Shape into desired shape (usually pyramids) and wrap in cellophane. Since I couldn't find the colored cellophane I just use the wax paper by cutting it into square.
and the fruit cake that our friends bring. After our delicious meal we eat this dessert together with my glutinous rice over a cup of coffee.

After the meal we sat at our living room to take some pics as our souviner from our get together

The male friend is a physical therapist and the other one is a nanny. Both are working so hard to give their relatives and siblings in the Philippines a good life, seldom meet each other. Life here is boring because you’ve been busy working all day and in the evening when you get home you’ll just throw you bag on the couch, put shoes under your bed, change your clothes, hurry to eat because all you want is put yourself on the bed. Tired already, gush poor guys.

Photobucket



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3