Saturday, September 6, 2008

Whattt???? SAturday!!!!

Its Saturday, i am at the house as usual family day. I and hubby can't go out as we used to do on Sat because of the weather forecast TROPICAL STORM HANNA. At 11 am a new friend of mine, called up telling me that she already bought and brought my request from the Philippines and that she will also gave me a "pasalubong" a dried fish called danggit a Filipino favorite. Before the rain come, i go there walking as her house is just two blocks from my house. We had a short conversation as to how was their vacation. She said she and her family enjoyed it and i was happy for her. Her name is Delia, she came from Bogo, Cebu. I meet her in the church, it was the first mass that i attended since i arrive here in the US last March. She was married and was here for 17 years already. Her husband is Italian same race as my hubby and they have 2 kids. I was happy to meet her at least i had another friend at add to the tons friends i left in the Philippines. Being with her is another adventure, i said this because she knows how to drive and we can roam around whenever she is not busy although i had another friend too who shows me places whenever she is off at work.

At 5 pm as expected the rain comes but i am praying that it is just rain and not a storm as forecasted. It seems silent at our apartment. Everybody is busy inside their house maybe or they are watching tv too like us, he he he. I feel sleepy so I decided to watch the TFC channel while my hubby was busy on the computer. I was hooked up by the drama portion when someone called up and my hubby says hello then handed the phone to me GEEEEEE!!!! the man on the line was my officemate in the Philippines. We talk for the first time since he left Philippines, he was added to my friendster and it was in there that he learned that i was here just near him. This former officemate of mine as i fondly called him Gene, is now working in here and he is connected at Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY. We had a great conversation too. And before he said goodbye he told me that he and his wife would visit me soon. Hay!!! i was super happy to hear from him. HHHmmnn, even if the weather is not good at least my day was happy one having my loving husband around and friends who did not forget to call me even in their busy day....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3