Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feeling Dizzy

OMG! I feel dizzy yesterday. I could not get up because if I stand seems things around me turns upside down. This was going for a long time and when i seek a medical help they say its vertigo. I research the said medical term and this means its a condition, also known as Meniere's disease, with recurrent vertigo accompanied by ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and deafness. Symptoms include vertigo, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing (in the affected ear), and abnormal eye movements.
Meniere's syndrome or disease is due to dysfunction of the semi-circular canals (endolymphatic sac) in the inner ear.
The treatment of Meniere's disease usually includes medications (anticholinergic drugs, antihistamines, etc) to relieve the vertigo. Diuretics have been used to lower the pressure in the endolymphatic sac. The doctor prescribed me Meclizine (12.5 mg) that i would take 1 tab 3X a day. Gosh! i really hate medicines but can't help it. I just hope I would feel good so I will not be taking it. Because the effect after taking the medicine is you will feel sleepy and i don't like it, I could not do anything but sleep. Even yesterday, I miss posting my blog...
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3