Saturday, November 29, 2008

First Thanksgiving Day with my hubby

We celebrate our thanksgiving day at my hubby’s cousin in Connecticut. We enjoyed the meals that was prepared by his cousin’s wife. Since this is my first thanksgiving with them they were happy to have me there. We prayed first thanking the Lord for the graces that we get from Him, since the family of my husband is Italian we started first our food with the appetizers of different cheeses,
different cold meats like Salami, Prosciutto crudo (Italian Parma ham),Prosciutto Cotto (Italian ham), Speck (smoked ham), Bresaola (dried beef), Mortadella (Italian Bologna ham), Pancetta (Italian bacon), Italian olives,
butter , wheat and regular bread,(sliced)
ricotta cheese on top of celery, and wine. Our second meal is pasta with Italian red sauce.
After that is the turkey with sauce

, cranberry sauce, string beans potatoes,yams, and our last is tea/coffee with different kinds of pies,
cookies
and cakes.
I ate a lot and it seems a never-ending eating, but I really enjoy the food. My hubby’s cousins are really great that I enjoy hanging around them. I take some pictures of them see this two sisters, they wore thanksgiving ornaments in their ears and pin in thanksgiving ornaments in their clothes.hubby's cousin-he is the host of the partythe wife--oh poor hubbby only his hands was included

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3