Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank God

Once again I thank Yahweh for everthing. All Praises and Glory to HIM. Here is my experience of this morning's AOS interview at the Garden City in New York. We leave the house at 7:00 to avoid the traffic and we reach the place at 7:30. We headed to the guards for security checks, putting our things on the counter, taking belts and jackets, then guard do the frisking like when you check in at the airport. Then another guard lead us to the waiting area (stayed there for 1 hour and 15 mins) we wait for our lawyer (she arrived qtr to 9:00 thanks God) when she saw us told me to go with her to the window and give my appointment letter. We wait for 10 mins. then the officer called our names and lead us again to the waiting area upstairs near the rooms of the Interviewer again we wait for our name to be called while waiting the lawyer told us to review the papers. 1 hr and 15 mins of waiting our names was called by a Black nice and smiling lady greet us good morning and lead us to her room. Told me to sit the side of the table, my husband beside me and the lawyer sits near him. She then ask us to stand and swear to say the truth which we did. Then proceed the questions while our lawyer is handing to her the evidence that we both prepare like credit cards, Telephone Bills, joint bank accounts, health insurance cards, rental contract, electric bills, church envelopes(for our tights), wedding favors, wedding album, pictures when we meet in the Philippines, pictures here in the US(together) certificate from Pre- Canon Seminar, cards that we give to each other, cards that we get from friends, invitation cards, our picture frames at the house, and his TOD which I am the beneficiary.
Here is my bunch of questions:
1. Your address
2. Zip code
3. Ask me questions on the part 3 of the I-184 processing info
4. If my husband has cellphone number(which I said no)
5. What is our telephone number (which said but did not give the area code) so she ask it but I could not understand what she is saying as her English is so slang and hard to understand until she said my area code-914 and I confirm yes.
6. Are you working
7. Where
8. What kind of work
9. When did I get married
10. Do I have children
11. How many
12. How old
13. Did I bring them here.
14. When did I arrived here
15. How many months I’ve been here
16. Where did my husband stay when he visited me in the Philippines
17. If I am not married in the Philippines and ask swear which I say yes.
18. How long have I been married?

For my husband:
1. If he is working
2. How much is the yearly salary
3. Where did he work
4. Why did he decide to marry me
5. If not married too
6. How many children did he have (he said no, this is his first marriage)
7. What do we have in common.

After the questions she take my 1-194 told us to go downstairs and wait for my passport at the waiting room. We waited there for 1 hour and a half, my name was called then the officer told me that my passport was stamp, which is equivalent to a green card, that I would could travel out of country if I want to even if the true green card is not yet in my hand, I could work and she also told me to file a removal of conditions to renew my green card 90 days before it expires and then congratulates us.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congratulations!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3