Monday, November 24, 2008

Shop at Asian Food Market


I and my friend Delia went to an Asian Store in Scarsdale and we bought some Filipino stuff. It was quite a big store where you can buy any Asian food from uncooked to cooked. I bought food that is cooked and I heat it in the microwave. And I bought some
lumpia wrappers(i will make lumpiang shanghai),
rice noodles( i make pancit and bring it to work my boss, who is a Jewish and co- worker, Italian lady love it), cooked home-made noodles(miki- make a la Paz batchoy out of it), my favorite
mackarel scad (galunggong in tagalog, I really miss it and cooked it with vinegar,garlic,onions,green pepper- call it paksiw, huh I had a good lunch),
yellow stripe travelly (salay-salay in tagalog) and
squid tentacles(ulo ng pusit good for adobo),
siopao and
Pomelo (suha) fruit. My husband like this fruit, he first tasted it in the Philippines in his second visit. When he was already here he told his lady boss that he loves Pomelo and he described it to her, one time when she came back from the bank she ask my hubby if that was the fruit that they were talking and he said yes. Sometimes you could buy this famous fruit from the Stop N Shop but its expensive though. You will really miss some food that you use to eat in the Philippines but if you go to any big Asian store you could buy those foods that you miss eating and the prices are reasonable too. Now I am starting to cook some the of fish and squid that I bought and its yummy. Next time it will post the recipe here.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3