Friday, November 21, 2008

Truly Blessed

I would say that I am truly blessed. First I found a part time job and been working for a month now, second I meet some Filipino friends just recently though I had one before I came here. This morning I was invited Delia to her house for lunch and since this day I am off I walk to her house. On my way to her house I could not help but sigh because it was already cold and seems my whole body is freezing. When I reach her house I ask her what is the temperature and she can’t help but laugh telling me 33 degrees. She followed it up saying this is not yet the real cold. HHHmmmnn, I really have to wait for the winter. While we are chatting another Filipina come her name is Beth, she is a nurse and this was the second time that I meet her. Delia prepared us a good Filipino lunch of kilawin, pancit at shrimp sautéed in garlic with sprite. We are chatting while eating , after eating we headed to the living room and there we continue our conversations. It was already 2 pm when we decided to go home. When I get home I immediately get our key for the mailbox, open it and get the mails. I saw my name in one of the mails, out of curiosity I open it and I saw the permanent resident card that was sent to me by USCIS National Benefits Center. Thank God I already got it…. I am truly blessed with this. I am very much happy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3