Sunday, February 15, 2009

Are You thankful of the good things that you have?

Folks i will take a break just for a day. Will go to Atlantic City not to gamble he he he, but just to unwind myself, thanks that my boss allow me to have my leave just for a day. Its good enough to breath fresh air and away from the busy dental clinic. Hmmnn hope my boss will not be able to access and read my blog(kungdi lagot ako lol) Before i go i will leave here some questions and quotes from greatest authors of the books for you to ponder. Are you thankful for what you have in your life?
A great question really. I would like to believe that I am, I take time to notice the small things and appreciate that I have what I have. Something as simple as waking up in the morning and looking around me can leave me feeling thankful for a home that I love. Knowing that my two grown up boys (1 age 19 and the other 1 age 17)are doing good by simply being themselves and taking their responsibilities on their own makes me feel thankful for the experience of being a mother and having them as my sons. I have made it a habit to be thankful for something everyday, I mean consciously thankful of something I typically take for granted.
Have you given thanks today?
Life goes too quickly, the hours blend into days that blend into weeks and months. Don't let the good things in you life go unnoticed. If you don't already...take some time to look around you and remind yourself of what is great in your life.
I would love to hear about some of the things that you are thankful for in your life...perhaps through sharing we can inspire some of those around us who are struggling with seeing the good things around them.
Below are some beautiful quotes that help remind me what life is about. Enjoy!

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music -- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful songs and interesting people. Forget yourself.
Henry Miller
*****
To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men -- that is genius.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
*****
Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier.
The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.
Margaret Young
*****
If you don't know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it!
*****
Your life is a journey of learning to love yourself and then extending that love to others in every encounter.
*****
The older you get, the less you have to prove, and the more fun you are able to have.
*****
It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it. -- Somerset Maugham
*****
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!
Live the life you have imagined.
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
-- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3