Sunday, February 1, 2009

SOLVING DRY SKIN PROBLEM

It was last year when i entered USA. And the season of that year is winter. One month after i suffer allergy due to the weather. Got dry skin and itchiness all over my body began. The lotion that i use in the Philippines did not work well so i tried so many lotions that has moisturizers in it but still did not get well. I find an anti-itch oil and i apply it during the bath and rinse well and it work a little bit. I also take an anti-histamine that i brought from my country and it work for few hours and again the itch come back. While searching on the net some articles about dry skin i agree to one that this really made me crazy – the redness, flaking and itchiness. Lathering on moisturizer can help, but it’s not enough. Dry skin isn't usually serious, but it looks ugly and is infuriating. But before you go running to the dermatologist, here are tips to try at home:
1. Put Down the Soap.
2. If you do wash your dry skin with soap and water? You’re stripping away the skin’s protective natural oils along with dirt and grime.
3. Switch to cleansing creams, gentle skin cleansers or bath or shower gels with moisturizers, not harsh soap.
4. Your skin should feel soft and smooth after washing, never tight or dry.
I tried the tips in one of the articles instruction and it works. Until now i still suffer itch but it is minimal and when i take anti-histamine it stops but i still continue my moisturizers possible i just use lukewarm water when i take a bath then put at once my moisturizer after i pat the water from my whole body.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3