Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jollibee goes to Queens, New York


I and my sons makes it a pointtovisit Jollibee everytime we do our grocery at SM City in Quezon City. We never fail to order the Jolibee Chicken Joy of 2 pcs and that includes rice too. We love the taste of the chicken together and the gravy. I could say that you would enjoy eating it because its crispy and juicy really taste good! I really miss going there all i can do is sigh now that I am here in the US. Alas!Just recently a Jollibee branch was opened in Woodside, Queens, New York’s first, expatriates have lined up for a taste of home and on weekends the waiting is long as much as an hour just to get in the door. Jollibee is known as the McDonald’s of the Philippines, and its menu will be familiar to anyone who’s passed under the golden arches.
Here is the prices of the menu:
Chickenjoy, Jollibee’s specialty (one piece, $2.99; three pieces, $6.89; 18 pieces, $38.99), its fried chicken- with moist meat, a crispy but not too thick batter and, when ordered spicy, a dusting of potent chili powder. It’s a bit salty, but as one diner explained, that’s why Filipinos enjoy Chickenjoy.
After a passel of forgettable burgers ($1.39 to $6.29) and fresh, honest sides (buttered corn, mashed potatoes — regular $1.99, large $3.59), the menu heads for odder territory.
Spaghetti ($4.49) is topped with a sweet, hot-dog-and-ham-studded tomato sauce, and is frighteningly addictive. Palabok Fiesta ($5.79) is the only recognizably Asian dish: rice noodles in a gummy-but-yummy sauce of fish flakes, pork, shrimp, egg and crumbled chicharon.
Jollibee’s signature deep-fried peach-mango pie ($2.29) is crusty and intensely fruity.

I am really happy and excited although I have not been there yet, but I know that one day I could visit the place. I and my Filipina friends are planning to go there but the time is not yet available for us. I am looking forward to it very soon. I know even if we wait for an hour or so it’s worth the wait.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3