Sunday, March 8, 2009

One year in the US of A

Much happiness !
Yeppeyyy! I turn one year today. I say it because this is my one year in the US of A. Looking back, it was still winter when I first step on the soil of USA via JFK as my port of entry last year of 2008. After my papers were verified at the Immigration office, exactly 9:30 pm when I pick my luggage at the carousel headed to the inspection personnel and during the inspection while the inspector is asking me questions a comrade from behind appear when he hears that I came from the Philippines says Filipinos are eating bananas. I don’t know if his comment is a joke or not, knowing that I am still new in this land i just hold my patience.I did not say anything, i decided to dismiss it by not minding his comment. Silently I headed to the room follow the signs going to the waiting area. I was so tired and feeling weak plus the jetlag from my travel all the way from the Philippines, not a joke trip of 22 hrs with 2 stop-overs of Hongkong and Vancouver. Although I must consider it as a learning experience being the first and ever travel out of my country, not knowing what is on the other side of the world and no knowledge what is in store for me I would say this is a bravely decision. When I saw my then fiance now my hubby waiting for me in the waiting area I was relieve from anxiety and all the worries and fears that clouded my mind vanished knowing that my love is there to fetch me. Believe it or not only love that I feel in my heart is my guide in this journey. Knowing that my then fiancé love me so much is enough assurance that I would be in good hands.
Upon reaching my new home was teary- eyed with a welcome note waiting for me. Along with the note are flowers and on each side is a box of rice(which I understand conveys the word of don’t worry you will not starve and on the other side is a can of quaker oats which to me conveys you might be chubby watch out your body, you might want to loose weight –try this LOL)My reaction was blush with a smile turning to my hubby, hug him tightly and say Thank You and I love You which he then reply, I LOVE YOU too, dont worry i am here for you. Simple words of assurance that to me means a lot. I am really happy. From then on many things happen in my one year here. We got married and we will be celebrating it in a few months. I would again write it here saying One year Anniversary—he he he. Well, I am just happy that my hubby and I are still getting pretty well. Sharing my experience here is my way of thanking God for all the Blessings that I got and to all the people that partake in this journey , remember this is the place where I put my experiences in this walk of life and one is my memories—that will leave in my heart for as long as I live……Enjoy reading----

1 comment:

Dutch Boy said...

congradulations for your first year in US, I know how u feel as my wife is just a bit over a year here in Australia, she is from Roxas city. I enjoyed reading your post. Take care, God bless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3
ss_blog_claim=c8fab303e347b5269835209986cc92d3